Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Did you know ???

 

There are health benefits of tears.

As a relatively new widow, I’ve shed quite a few tears in the past 10 months, since my dear husband of 43 years went to his heavenly home.

I remember my first meeting at FNF and I cried a lot, as it was only about 3 months then, and the ladies were all so kind and they said my loss was still so raw, but things would get better. They knew, because they had walked in my shoes already.

The tears aren’t as many now, but they can still happen at any time, the grief just washes over me and I can’t help it, no matter where I am. I just let the tears flow and move along. I’ve talked with other widows in person and online who have been a widow much longer than I and they still have times of tears.  We can’t help it, we loved deeply and feel our loss tremendously.

Jesus has been my strength, lifting me up when I feel weak, filling me with his love and peace, soothing my broken heart. I feel his peace and joy each and every day and am thankful. This world is not my home, I’m just passing through.

Recently I found an article on the ‘Health Benefit of Tears’. You can click on the link to read the whole article.  I will just share some of the benefits here with you.

****************

by Judith Orloff MD

For over twenty years as physician, I’ve witnessed, time and again, the healing power of tears. Tears are your body’s release valve for stress, sadness, grief, anxiety, and frustration.

Also, you can have tears of joy, say when a child is born or tears of relief when a difficulty has passed.

Our bodies produce three kinds of tears: reflex, continuous, and emotional. Each kind has different healing roles.

Emotional tears have special health benefits. They contain stress hormones which get excreted from the body through crying. These tears shed these hormones and other toxins which accumulate during stress. Additional studies also suggest that crying stimulates the production of endorphins, our body’s natural pain killer and “feel-good” hormones.”

Crying makes us feel better, even when a problem persists. In addition to physical detoxification, emotional tears heal the heart.

Thank God our bodies have this capacity. Let your tears flow to purify stress and negativity.

*****************

These days, besides tears for my loss, I cry tears of thankfulness to God for his many blessings in my life, for the way he shows me things I need to know, for the ways he works things out in my life.  I am a daughter of the King. I am part of a special ‘Sisterhood’ and as God Almighty, he understands what each of us is going through.

Trust in Him with all of your heart and lean not unto your own understanding.

Shed those tears and be released and relieved, be healed.

******************

Below is a wonderful Psalm, may it bless your heart.

***

I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.
 
Because he hath inclined his ear unto me,
therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.
 
The sorrows of death compassed me,
and the pains of hell gat hold upon me:
I found trouble and sorrow.

Then called I upon the name of the LORD;
O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul.
 
Gracious is the LORD, and righteous;
yea, our God is merciful.
 
The LORD preserveth the simple:
I was brought low, and he helped me.
 
Return unto thy rest, O my soul;
for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee.
 
For thou hast delivered my soul from death,
mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.
 
I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living.


Psalms 116:1-9

***

They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Psa_126:5  

He will swallow up death in victory;
and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears
from off all faces
Isa_25:8

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes;
and there shall be no more death,
neither sorrow,
nor crying,
neither shall there be any more pain:
Rev_21:4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. They are moderated, so any spam or abusive comments will not be posted.