Saturday, October 26, 2013

Our meeting on the 21st

 

Good morning Ladies,

It was so good to see all of you this past Monday. We had a good time and it was so good and we were so thankful to have Dotti with us and that she is doing well from her surgery.  Continue to keep her in your prayers as she recuperates.

It was nice to meet her friend Kathy who came to take care of her and get to know her a little bit.

April it was good to see you and have your assistance with the music. Glad you are doing well from your surgery too.

Thank you to all of our staff who make the meetings work smoothly.

I want to apologize for not having any photos of the meeting this time. I already apologized to Dotti.  I was in a ‘widow’s fog’ for a few days and Monday was one of those days.  I know you all know what I am talking about as you have been through it yourselves.  Becoming a widow is still pretty fresh to me, since losing my dear husband in Dec. and some days are better than others.  The 4 photos I did take didn’t come out good.

Next month our meeting will be right before Thanksgiving and we’ve got some things lined up that are going to be good. We’re going to have fun, we’re going to learn and be encouraged and we’re going to grow in God’s tender love, grace and mercies.

I hope you are all doing well. Hope you are writing things in your ‘thankful’ journal every day.  When we are thankful, even for the smallest thing, we are praising God and our spirits are lifted. Even when we don’t feel thankful, we can thank Him for the life He has blessed us with, as it is a gift and He has created us to be His friends. As widows, He also has become our husbands and is lovingly & tenderly taking care of us. He knows our needs better than anyone.

The ‘prayer list’ is a great idea and we hope you are taking this to heart and praying for each other. If any of you have prayer requests, feel free to let us know.

A few days ago I came across a beautiful song that has been running through my heart and mind since hearing it.  It is called ‘Beautiful Things’. Below are the words and also a you-tube video of the song.

 

"Beautiful Things"

All this pain
I wonder if I’ll ever find my way
I wonder if my life could really change at all
All this earth
Could all that is lost ever be found
Could a garden come up from this ground at all

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

You make me new, You are making me new
You make me new, You are making me new

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

Our God has done so much for us, let us be thankful to Him each and every day. He takes all of our pain and misery and turns it into something good and beautiful. We learn and grow and become stronger.  Remember, He is our strength when we are weak.

I did work out in my gardens and on some projects here this week and the ‘fog’ lifted. God’s love and peace are surrounding me and surrounds each of you too.

May you all have a good day today, enjoying the beauty and blessings given to each of you.

Love and hugs ~ Rainey

 

10-24-prosperity4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. They are moderated, so any spam or abusive comments will not be posted.