Monday, September 1, 2014

Widows Witnessing ~ 1 Sept. 2014

 

Dear Ladies ~ I hope you are all feeling the love, peace, joy and strength of God flowing through you. Remember, that no matter what we are going through each and every day, He is always with us.

In this post we have more tips on what has helped us in our grief. We are all unique personalities, we deal with grief in our own ways, yet sometimes we feel the same things and have similar experiences.  Sharing lets us know we are not alone. As we read what others have written we may see other ways that will help us on our journey.

When we share our stories, our grief tips and the many ways that God helps us in this journey, we bless and comfort other widows. Each of us has something to share, and who knows better how to share advice to another widow than you.

 

side-by-side

***

When feeling lonely or low in spirit, I get out and do something for someone else. If I can't go in person, I can make a phone call or send a note.  In the process I end up feeling better. ~T.G.

***

When life is blue, stay positive and reach out to others. Get involved. Be a shoulder for someone.  ~ B.S.

***

If I feel down, I get on my knees and ask for God's help. He lifts me up - I can always feel His presence. ~ E.M.

***

Grief is a very emotional time in life that teaches us to be patient with ourselves. It's a personal experience that tests our inner strength and emotions in many ways. ~ FNF Sister

***

When feeling sad and alone, I stop at the local nursery and look at all the beautiful flowers God have made for us to enjoy.  It lifts my spirit and makes me feel happy. ~ B.P.

***

Pray and focus on God. ~ E.M.

******

I feel like I could have written any one of these bits of advice.  It will be 21 months for me since joining this sisterhood, the 9th of this month, and I've come quite aways since those early days. God has been my strength, He has and still bottles my tears.  Every day is a gift to be thankful for.

Scripture in Psalms have been such a source of uplifting encouragement to me.

I will close this post with the following scripture in Psalms. It starts out with sorrow at losing our loved one but goes on in praise for God delivering us.

The sorrows of death compassed me,
and the pains of hell gat hold upon me:
I found trouble and sorrow.

Then called I upon the name of the LORD;
O LORD, I beseech thee,
deliver my soul.

Gracious is the LORD, and righteous;
yea, our God is merciful.
 
The LORD preserveth the simple:
I was brought low, and he helped me.
 
Return unto thy rest, O my soul;
for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee.

Psalms 116:3-7 KJV

***

Thank you dear Ladies for writing from your hearts. Others will be blessed and touched by your words.

Listen again to the beautiful song below and may you always feel God by your side. ~ Rainey

***

‘One Day at a Time’ by Lynda Randle

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. They are moderated, so any spam or abusive comments will not be posted.