Thursday, February 12, 2015

Valentine's Day February 14, 2015

Valentine’s Day is my FAVORITE Holiday! But I know for some it is a sad day instead.

I’d like to share with you why I enjoy this holiday over most others. It’s not because I have a romantic man in my life. I don’t. It’s not because I find myself showered with cards pledging undying love, candy or flowers. I never have.

I love Valentine’s Day because it reminds me of the One who loves me without fail!
Sometimes Valentine’s Day is considered a lonely day for those without a spouse. Whether you have memories of wonderful, romantic, candlelit dinners, an evening under the stars, or just comfortable silence in front of the TV with one you loved – there is a Truth we all have in common on Valentine’s Day. Human love, no matter how coveted, no matter have wonderful, no matter how devoted, eventually FAILS. Sooner or later our human love is temporal. It’s fleeting. We miss. We wish. We long for ‘the days.’

Valentine’s Day is a reminder that even though God has blessed us with loved ones in this life, there is One Whose love for us NEVER fails, never fades, never leaves.

On February 14 this year, let us remember to express love to those in our lives. But first and above all – let us love the One Who IS Love. Maybe write Him a card or note. Sing Him a song. Buy a rose to lay at His feet in Praise. And then sit quietly before Him for a few moments and feel His loving arms around you. Sense His Wings over you. Hear Him Whisper, “I love you.” 
And then rest in the Truth of this verse “For your Maker is your husband- The Lord Almighty is His name. The Holy One of Israel is His name – he Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer- He is called the God of all the earth. Isaiah 54:5




                                                       Message by our own Terrisa Coleman







    
           
 Jesus loves the widow so much and He always knows when we are hurting. 
Ladies please take the time and listen to the words of this beautiful song, and if your holidays are a little difficult, replay this song and SING the words along with Lyndia Randle.

Singing nice and loud to the music has helped me on my "foggy" days and I know it will help you. Besides it is fun to sing a song to Jesus. The Bible tells us in Psalm 96:1  Sing to the LORD a new song.....
Don't worry, Jesus already knows I do not have a good singing voice, but He knows I love Him and He sees my heart.  So my dear friends, choose this Valentine's Day to smile and give some love to other widows. 
By Dotti A. 






 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. They are moderated, so any spam or abusive comments will not be posted.