Wednesday, November 6, 2013

God’s Providing for the Widow

 

Good morning dear Ladies,

Here is a blessing that happened to me recently.  I needed trees trimmed.  I was out front one morning working in my main garden when I heard the lawn maintenance guy pull up across the street. I walked over to where I could see out to the street and saw that on his trailer, he had advertised that he does tree trimming and removal.  I went out to the sidewalk, hollered across the 5 lanes, and he came over.  I told him what I needed doing and we agreed on a price, and he would call me when he got back from going out of town.


He called a couple of weeks later and came out and took care of the trees for me.  I wrote him a check. While here he had asked me about my little blue Mazda.  I told him I was thinking of calling the 'we buy junk cars' people, but hadn't yet and told him what all was wrong with the car.  He asked how much, I told him $450, but as we were talking I lowered it to $400.  He then said, he wanted it  and would give me my check back ($400) for his tree trimming as he hadn't cashed it yet.  So, I had my first barter happen.  By the way, this guy's name is Mark, the same as my husband.


God works in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform.  The trees are trimmed, the car is gone, and when it cools down a bit more, I'll start moving 'iron', collected through the years, to the space where the car sat, so that when George comes he can just load it onto his trailer to take to the scrap yard for me.  He and the guys will have to move some of the heavier stuff, but I'll do what I can and be thankful all the while for God's wonderful working in my life.

Rainey

***

But my God shall supply all your need

according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Php 4:19 

 

05-21-kathleen

***

Do any of you have a story of God’s supplying your needs that you’d like to share?  Write out your story and email it to Dotti.  Hearing about how God provides for us is very encouraging and inspiring to others.  We’d love to hear from you.