Saturday, July 26, 2014

Today’s Witnessing Widows

 

Good morning Ladies ~ Today we have three more of our sisters telling us about what has helped them in their time of grief.  May we all be encouraged and may we in turn, encourage other widows.

Let us remember what it says in 2 Corinthians 3

God brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us.

These three ladies are from Florida.

First we have M.D.

She writes that “the food, the visits, the hugs of family and friends brought the love of God close to my heart.”

Blessings at this time were:

Special hugs from people that I barely knew.

Finding God’s peace in my solitude.

marie

***

Next we have S.S.

She writes: “I can get up in the mornings and thank God I can stand and walk.”

God has blessed me over and over again.

Thank you God.

sally

***

Our last testimony today is by E.M.

She writes: “If I feel down – I get on my knees and ask for His help.  He lifts me up – I can always feel His presence.

He brought my friends to me – My lord never leaves me – He is always there for me – Prayer is a great blessing.”

elizabeth

***

Each of these ladies had the same special song that has helped them through their grief, and it is ‘How Great Thou Art’.

I am going to post three different versions of this song. They are all wonderful.  God has touched and blessed many hearts and souls with this wonderful old hymn. It has been performed through the years by many, and still being performed even now.

“How Great Thou Art" is a Christian hymn based on a Swedish poem written by Carl Gustav Boberg (1859-1940) in Sweden in 1885. The melody is a Swedish folk song. It was translated into English by British missionary Stuart K. Hine, who also added two original verses of his own composition.

 

This first rendition will be by George Beverly Shea.

If my memory serves me correctly, I heard him when I was a little girl when we went to this huge gathering in California.

This video is from 1957.

George Beverly Shea

Susan Boyle - How Great Thou Art

How Great Thou Art by World Outreach Worship featuring StikYard

 

Thank you ladies for your encouraging words written from your hearts, and for reminding us all of this wonderful old hymn.

May the words of this song fill our hearts with love and adoration for our Mighty God.