Saturday, June 21, 2014

Who Am I?


Today we have another of Diana Clark’s poems, written after her dear husband went to be with the Lord. You can read her introduction from her booklet of poems in the post, ‘The Gift of Tears’.

‘Who Am I?’
I looked at life through his eyes;
I made his dream my dream.
Now my life without him
Doesn’t have a theme.
I have so few opinions
I can really call my own;
Didn't I think I'd need them.
Never thought I'd be alone,
And have to draw conclusions,
Then state my point of view.
About so many things in life,
I haven't got a clue.
I'm not sure what I like now,
Or where I'd want to go
For rest and relaxation-
I really just don't know.
Half my heart is missing;
I feel so incomplete.
To continue on without him
Is really quite a feat.
But on and on I must go.
He'd want me to, and so
I recall the times he told me,
"You're stronger than you know."
Strength: O yes, I feel it,
But it is not my own.
By God's grace I have it,
Through Christ and Christ alone.
Please, Lord, now I need You
To help me find my place.
When I peer into the mirror,
Who's behind the face?
Who am I now without him?
It's so hard for me to see.
I know I'm in there somewhere.
Lord, help me to find me.
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."  Philippians 4:13 (KJV)

With permission by: Diana Eileen Clark from her booklet
"Simply Put ~ Inspirational Poems of Hope
as You Journey Through the Valley"

Diana