Tuesday, June 30, 2015

CONGRATULATIONS - 27 YEARS SERVING THE LORD

Once again, it’s time to celebrate. WOW!  Do we serve such an awesome God.  He tells us time and time again in the Bible to celebrate, unwind, relax, and enjoy yourself. If you seriously think about it, it’s His way of restoring our mind and bodies after completing a task and to preparing us to get ready for another. 

Friends Needing Friends is celebrating their 27th Anniversary of this ministry. Twenty-seven years ago God called me into the ministry of helping the widow and to create a sisterhood for widows only.  To read all about how the ministry was started – click above to “Our Founder & Mission”.

We started our celebration with a special meeting in New Jersey with Pastor Bruce Sofia as our guest speaker. Pastor Bruce was my pastor for over twenty-five years and encouraged me to start this widow ministry.  Now get comfortable and get ready to receive a special blessing.


Friends Needing Friends” 27th Anniversary Celebration

I’d like to talk to you about three types of mentality – Scarce, Content and Plenty.  As widows you are most likely left in one of three positions:

1.     Scarce – I don’t know how I’m going to survive.

2.     Content – I’m ok.  I’m not going to live in luxury, but I’m going to make it.

3.     Plenty – I’m sitting pretty well off.  In fact, I’m able to help my family and others.

No matter what condition you find yourself in, the attitude with which you approach that position will determine your “joy”.

When Paul and Silas found themselves in a prison cell facing execution; they chose to sing hymns. What was the result?  Their attitude set them free. The chains were broken, the jailer and his household were saved, and Paul and Silas were released.
Now whether they were set free or not, they found freedom in the posture of their attitude. In prison or out of prison they were set free.  Paul tells the Philippians 4:11b-13, I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. (12) I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. (13) I can do all this through Him who gives me strength. 
The reality of life is we’ve all met people who have plenty, but it’s not enough. We’ve met people with little and it’s plenty and we’ve met people, that whatever their situation, they have enough.

Now here’s the promise. Let me suggest that you, all of us, cloak ourselves with this promise: Philippians 4:19-20 – (19) and my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. (2) Now to our God and Father be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

Examples:

1.     For 40 years God fed the Israelites in the desert with Angel food.
2.     When Elijah was wondering where his next meal was going to come from, God fed him
with ravens.

3.     When the disciples wondered how Jesus was going to feed 20,000 people, he told them to find a lunch.  He then fed all 20,000 with one boy’s lunch.

A scarcity mentality is rooted in fear, and demonstrates distrust in the awesome power of an Almighty God to supply ALL or our needs according to His unlimited resources.  Don’t be afraid to ask for help in times of fear. First go to God, then be willing to follow His lead, whether it is manna from heaven, ravens, a boy’s lunch or a dear friend who’s been there.  Paul said he received great joy when the brethren met his need.

You can rest in this promise, the best of all is God is with you. David said, “I’ve been young and now I’m old, and I’ve never seen the righteous forsaken nor their seed begging for bread.”  Psalm 37:25. So, what do you say, let’s cloak ourselves with an attitude of plenty, for our God is plenteous!

A good place to start, do you know the Heavenly Father?  Here’s how:

Admit your sins have separated you from God. (Psa 14:1-3; Rom 3:23); 

Believe that God did something about your sins through Jesus Christ. (The final Pascal Lamb/Messiah.)  (Lev. 17:10; Heb 9:19-22);

Commit yourself to His righteous by confessing Jesus as Lord and Savior.  (Isa 53:5: Col.1:22)

Do it today!  (Isa 49:8: 2Cor 6:2).

Father in Heaven, I am sorry for the things I’ve done that are wrong; I am a sinner; forgive me. Thank You for loving me and sending your son, Jesus, to pay the penalty for my sin. Holy Spirit, come into my heart; Jesus be my Lord and Savior. I give You my life.  Amen.





Message by Pastor Bruce Sofia
Founder and Senior Pastor of
Gloucester County Community Church
Sewell, N.J.
Pastor Sofia has been the Pastor
 For FNF since 1988.
                                                                                                                               




 F.N.F. - 27 Years Serving the Lord!

God has put a dream inside of you. It's yours and no one else’s. It declares your uniqueness. It holds your potential. Only you can birth it. Only you can live it. Not to discover it, take responsibility for it and act upon it, is to negatively affect yourself as well as all those who would benefit from your dream. (WFYT/June16)

"For all the sad words of tongue and pen; the saddest are these, it might have been." John Greenleaf Whittier Rescue your dream.                  


Thank you God for the 27 years of your protection, love, and provision for the widow. Thank you for all the ladies that have served in both FNF ministries and in India. We thank you for our churches that have sponsored this special ministry.  We thank you for our FNF blog that has reached our country and internationally.  We thank you for everyone that has participated in our FNF blog. Only you could reach out to the world and help these widows. You are truly an awesome God. 
I love you God, your servant,
Dotti Ackerman
Founder & Director of F.N.F.