A few years ago I did a devotional on this site entitled What If? I want us to revisit this question today because life is full of “What if’s” and we have all played mind games where this is the central question:
"What if I hadn’t married my husband?” “What if I hadn’t had children?”
What if I had taken that other job?” - “What if he had gone to the doctor sooner?”
- What if Dotti decided it was too difficult to move from the only area in which she’d ever lived?
- What if, when arriving in Florida, she just decided her ministry days were over and retired?
- What if discouragement got the best of her and she decided it just wasn’t worth the trouble?
- “What if I had shared Christ with my neighbor?”
- “What if I had encouraged my grandchildren to attend church?”
- “What if I had chosen to forgive that difficult relative?
- “What if I had . . .?”